GRATEX® Fibreglass Grating - Moulded or Pultruded
GRATEX® FRP FIBREGLASS GRATING - MOULDED & PULTRUDED is a cost effective, lightweight
solution for walkways, platforms, gullies, trenches and mezzanines.
IT has a high strength to weight ratio, is corrosion resistant, and is slip resistant. It exhibits low thermal conductivity, is non-magnetic and non-sparking.
Both grating types provide excellent impact and loading characteristics.
Available in three resin types:
Isophthalic Polyester - moderate exposure to corrosive elements; and a low flamespread rating of 25 or less
Vinyl Ester - for resistance to both acid and alkaline environments; and a flame
spread of 25 or less
Phenolic - provides the ultimate fire resistance; designed to withstand prolonged fire exposure without sustaining structural damage.
Easy to install, requiring only a circular saw, jig saw or angle grinder.
Standard moulded panels are 1220mm x 2445mm. Special sizes and customising are available on request.
- U, kg/m², maximum allowable unfactored uniformly distributed loading for that stated span
- C, kg/m maximum allowable unfactored centre line load per metre
- Load/Span Tables based on elastic deflections of span/200 or 10mm, whichever the lesser when subjected to the specified unfactored load
- All table loadings to be taken as nominal and should not be used as guarnateed values
- Appropriate safety factors must be applied by the designer